What: Chemical fertilizers are artificial components so the Excessive use of chemical fertilizers in agriculture, resulting of that a large number of environmental problems because some fertilizers contain heavy metals such as cadmium and chromium and high concentrations of radionuclides. Later these fertilizers agro-ecosystem constitutes the main source of heavy metals and radionuclides in plants and some results in the accumulation of inorganic pollutants. So dangerously polluted well water, especially water resources, and excessive use of chemical fertilizers reduce the crop production quantity and quality of the product.
why: The use of chemical fertilizers is the worst choice in agriculture because the use of chemical fertilizers are responsible for the pollution of the entire ecosystem included (Water, soil, air, animals, plants and microorganisms).
The main environmental problem associated with fertilizer :
- The nitrogen from fertilizers are eventually converted by bacteria in the soil to nitrates. These nitrates can be leached into the groundwater or be washed out of the soil surface into streams and rivers. High nitrate levels in drinking water are considered to be dangerous to human health.
- Chemical fertilizers are provided to the plant too quickly. What the plant does not use is absorbed by the soil causing secondary effects to the soil then to the plant. For instance fertilizer burn due to dehydratation.
- Chemical fertilizers do not contain any trace minerals/micro nutrients. After a few years the soil has been depleted from those elements. Overtime those elements are not contained in the fruits or in the vegetables anymore diminishing their quality.
- Chemical fertilizers are used together with chemical pesticides, herbicides and fungicides. Use of chemicals have a negative impact on the soil, the water as well as the crop as the vegetables, for instance, still contain chemical traces which are then absorbed upon eating.
- Chemical fertilizers kill microorganisms which in turn will make the soil useless where nothing can grow.
Our compost encourages the production of beneficial bacteria and fungi that break down organic matter to create humus, rich nutrient-filled material and reduces the need for chemical fertilizers.
Compost contains macro and micronutrients often absent in synthetic fertilizers so compost build the soil on a long time but chemical fertilizers improve the soil on a short time.
Baramoda’s Compost solve all the problem facing the agriculture lands in Egypt, It buffers the soil, neutralizing both acid & alkaline soils, bringing pH levels to the optimum range for nutrient availability to plants.
Compost helps bind clusters of soil particles, called aggregates, which provide good soil structure. Such soil is full of tiny air channels pores that hold air, moisture, and nutrients.it helps also sandy soil retain water and nutrients.
Compost can hold nutrients tight enough to prevent them from washing out, but loosely enough so plants can take them up as needed, So it does not pollute groundwater like chemicals.
Compost brings and feeds diverse life in the soil. These bacteria, fungi, insects, worms and more support healthy plant growth.
When we produce our Compost, we reduce methane production - a greenhouse gas 21 times more potent than CO2.
Our compost is free of any pathogens or Weed seeds, so it is safe to use in soil, unlike chemical fertilizers.
Adding fertilizer is one important way to keep agricultural production systems sustainable, so it is important to apply fertilizer, whether from natural sources, such as Compost.